As we are trying to influence people it is always important to understand how we learn. Below are some statistics that I came across at http://www.teachandlearn.net by Wiliam Glasser. Pay attention to what ways will allow you to influence in the greatest ways. Check it out.
10% of what we READ.
20% of what we HEAR.
30% of what we SEE.
50% of what we both SEE and HEAR.
70% of what we DISCUSS WITH OTHERS.
80% of what we EXPERIENCE.
95% of what we TEACH.
2 things that you have to take from this:
1.Always look to increase the potential for long-term retention.
- What ways are you currently learning?
- How much of it are you actually learning based on the above statistics?
- How can you change or combine you’re doing so that it maximizes your learning?
2. Always look to increase your potential for long-term impact.
- What ways are you currently trying to influence other?
- Based upon the above statistics, how much of what you are doing is falling through the cracks?
- How can you combine or change your venue to something more effective?
One thought on “What we Learn”
[…] What we learn. This is a short but challenging post about how we learn. Think through this as you continue to row and learn. It should not stop you from reading but challenge you to learn in various ways. […]