As we are trying to influence people it is always important to understand how we learn. Below are some statistics that I came across at http://www.teachandlearn.net by Wiliam Glasser. Pay attention to what ways will allow you to influence in the greatest ways. Check it out.
10% of what we READ.
20% of what we HEAR.
30% of what we SEE.
50% of what we both SEE and HEAR.
70% of what we DISCUSS WITH OTHERS.
80% of what we EXPERIENCE.
95% of what we TEACH.
2 things that you have to take from this:
1.Always look to increase the potential for long-term retention.
- What ways are you currently learning?
- How much of it are you actually learning based on the above statistics?
- How can you change or combine you’re doing so that it maximizes your learning?
2. Always look to increase your potential for long-term impact.
- What ways are you currently trying to influence other?
- Based upon the above statistics, how much of what you are doing is falling through the cracks?
- How can you combine or change your venue to something more effective?